I took this photo in Yellowstone, during a 6 mile hike. I like the "Alfred Hitchcock-ness" of the setup with the raven and the tree. I purposely made it black and white to give it more of a dark feel.
This photo, I took at Montclair. In my mind, I am reminded of a spider and it's web. The stump is the spider, and the blurry branches in the background serve as a web.
This is another Yellowstone picture. I took many shots of this same spot, and only this one came out looking the way it does. I was very satisfied with the painterly look of it. Not to mention, I think the blue looks magnificent.
I took this photo on a golfcourse in the middle of January. I like how the birdhouse seems so important, while everything else in the background just serves as support.
The color is what really draws me into this photo. It gives the can a very three-dimensional look, and it really contrasts against the rest of the dull colors in the background. I took this at a park in Bergen County.
For whatever reason, this photo reminds me of what things look like after a big storm. The calmness of everything is really expressed in this dormant tree. It almost seems as though water droplets should be dripping off of the branches. I took this photo in my neighbors backyard last January.





The two tree description are nice but very often you are pointing out nice details of the image, like the colors of the can, the painterly feel of Yellwstone but not taking it a step further what does it mean that a photography feels painterly? How does that effect what the picture might mean to the viewer? And don't just stop at Black and White makes things dark back it up, how does some thing in black and white seem more grim?
ReplyDelete