Thursday, September 16, 2010

Introducing Brian Stroh

Hello Professor Gunhouse, and hello class. A little about myself—my name is Brian Stroh, and I'm a senior here at Montclair State University, majoring in graphic design.  I'm a fairly easy going person with an open mind, and a flexible personality. Most of my interests are simple. I enjoy a good song, a good jog, a good night's rest, a good conversation, and possibly most of all—a hearty meal. I am a creative person, and am always jotting down ideas and doodles in a sketchbook. People in specific fascinate me, and I find them incredibly fun to watch and create.

As far as photography goes, I have some very basic experience. A point and shoot is about as complicated as I have ever gone in camera use. Recently, I purchased a Nikon D3000 for this class, as well as for myself and my future career as a graphic designer.

A little extra about myself: My favorite music comes from the rock and roll genre, however I tend to like a little bit of everything. I am quite open minded when it comes to food, however I'll always have a soft spot for pizza. I do not have a single favorite movie, but I do tend to watch a lot of King of the Hill. A good novel from time to time may pleasure me, however I lean more towards articles and factual pieces of literature when I read. As far as photography goes, my favorite photographer so far is this photographer who photographs food. This person has a way of making every dish look absolutely disgusting, no matter what it is. Unfortunately, the name of this photographer was never given to me, and it is still a mystery to me as to who this person it.

I only have one hate, and that would be ignorant people.

This is a photo that I took, and it was my attempt to capture the grotesqueness of the cheerio. It was inspired by the mystery photographer I spoke of in my biography. I really like how unappealing it looks, with it's craters, and the orange goo-like color oozing out of them. Click on the picture to see exactly what I'm talking about, as it is difficult to fully appreciate it on this small scale.

1 comment:

  1. well I can see where the not being open minded about food comes from.

    ReplyDelete